Sunday, April 20, 2014

Raising the Bar

Happy Easter!!

I've a huge fan of the blogs The Non-Consumer Advocate and Zero Waste Home and through one of their readers, just found a new blog to follow; My Plastic Free Life.  Beth's website has a wealth of resources and now I'm laughing because it adds another dimension of difficulty to the life I'm striving to live.

So, I want to be a mindful consumer, try to lessen the waste of resources and avoid plastics as much as possible while working two jobs, attempting to improve my fitness, slowly tackling projects around my house AND taking a course?  Hell's yeah!

I mean..."No."  :(  I am willing to set these as goals but I've already mentioned I'm feeling stretched.  Things won't always be this tough...the course WILL end, the projects around the house WILL *eventually* be completed but I need to not bite off more than I can chew or else I'll simply get frustrated and give up on everything.  Although I do find Beth's challenge to be completely amazing and *do* want to try and work that in when making decisions, I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't manage it too well right now.  I'm hampered by a few things, most significantly, Bulk Barn and the other grocers in my area do not allow you to use your own containers when bulk-buying so I'm forced to use their plastic bags (which at least get reused when I clean the cat litter).  I do suspect that my desire to cut down on excess waste means that I'll be reducing the amount of plastic brought into my life quite a bit anyways.

This is just another thing to consider, this journey will be constantly evolving!

Happily,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment